Wednesday, August 26, 2009

END OF LIFE


I watched the postmortem of Senator Kennedy tonight and wish his surviving family my deepest condolences. I was reading Joe Biden's book "Promises to Keep" and it told of an incident about Ted. Joe's first wife was in a traffic accident which sadly took her life along with his infant daughter. Senator Biden hadn't taken office yet and was of course heart broken (I can't even imagine how badly he felt). The whole Senate rallyed to Biden's side (things where different in '72). President Nixon called every day. His work in the Senate was "taken care of" but the only man to come to see Senator Biden was Ted Kennedy. He showed up unannounced at his home in Delaware. He wanted to see Joe and "do" something for him, anything I imagine. Senator Kennedy will be missed. The U.S. SENATE is a body of people that breeds courage, statesmanship and other qualities this country overlooks commonly.

Mr. Natural

No comments:

Post a Comment